Monday, September 15, 2008

What a weekend



Doesn't he look so Happy?


Ryan, Jim(my brother) Jared(Ryan and Jim's friend)


Rory(Ryan's Brother), Ryan, Trevor (Ryan's brother), Kim(Ryan's dad)


(Ryan,Rory,Trevor,Kim,Dalen(Ryan's uncle), Jay(Ryan's uncle)



This is them hauling it out


This weekend was one of the best we have had in a while. To start it off Ryan drew for the big bull hunt. He has been anxiously awaiting the day of the hunt well opening morning was this last Saturday. He headed up to the mountain with my brother and Jared. I took off and went up north to my parents house. The girls were excited because we went to the zoo on Saturday. Well Saturday morning I got the call that the hunt was over. Ryan killed his big bull that morning. When he left I said your going to kill one tomorrow because your always so trigger happy. He said he wasn't going to. Well needless to say he killed his bull. It was a 7 x 6, and scored 350. It is a really nice looking bull. He was so happy! It took them 9 hours to pack it out his dad and brothers were all there to share in his excitement. Now its going to be put in my house, that I'm not to excited about but I sure am happy for Ryan. While all that was going on me and the girls and my parents were playing at the zoo and we had our fun.






7 comments:

The Robinson's said...

Wow Nice Bull. I love the big once in a life time hunts they are so exciting. Congrats! The Zoo is so fun I took Harlee this summer it was her 1st time and it was a blast!

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

Wow, I don't even care about deer and elk, but that bull is pretty impressive! And it looks like you guys had fun at the zoo!

Me said...

How exciting! Rory is a big hunter so I understand what a big deal it is. We are going antelope hunting in Wyoming in a couple weeks and I am actually really excited. Looks like you guys had a great weekend!

things we love... said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun at the zoo. Lai did not want to go this summer at all, so I am jealous because I think it is fun. Ryan this is to you next, you know we dont hunt, but that is huge. i had Beau come in to see it!! Congrats!!! Miss you guys

Shauntel said...

It's sad, but I know how nice that bull is! Tell Ryan congrats, that is awesome, I've never seen a 7 point before. My Ryan wants to know which unit it was.

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

Wow- that's a big elk. You should have stopped by when you were at the zoo, we just like a couple blocks away- in fact you passed almost right by us! And yes please send me your peach cobbler recipe using the canned peaches. It sounds yummy!

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

you can email it to me if you want- kimbreytorgerson@yahoo.com. Thanks