Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The hunt

This year I decided to try hunting deer with the muzzle loader. Its earlier than the rifle, and since Kaecee would be hunting with us I thought it would be easier to do this one. We decided to take all the girls and go up hunting. I loved having the girls with me watching me shoot a deer. They thought that it was so cool. They even got to help gut it out. Shae didn't care too much for that but Paeton did. Kaecee was so good during the hunt even though the weather turned out to be not that great, she loved riding around on the 4 wheeler and she didn't even cry when I shot the deer.

Kaecee all bundled up ready to go hunting



Isn't this a monster buck?

8 comments:

Janille said...

Wow! I am proud of you! You are the woman.

It reminds me of my childhood. Growing up on a farm. I remember when we would kill mutton in the fall. My dad would have the sheep in the back of the horse trailer. One by one he would let them out and slit their throats. Our job (the kids) was to chase the sheep down and sit on them until they died. Blood spraying from their neck. I thought this was the greatest thing! We would see who would get the most blood on them. SO GROSS!

So I can see how Paeton would like gutting a deer.

Moab Cozzens said...

The things we do for love :)

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

Wow. What a woman! I'm not only impressed that you went out in the woods and shot a deer, but that you took your entire family with you! I'm pretty impressed.

things we love... said...

Can we say rockstar?? That is awesome!!!! You are amazing!!! Also those beds are gorgeous!!! I can not believe how big your little girls are!! Shae is all grown up! They are so beautiful!!!

Olson Family said...

Nice buck! I doubt I will even get one this year! It will be way to cold to hunt. I'm glad you all had fun

Rory, Trina, Katy, and Trey said...

Nice Job! Guess I can't shoot 1 1/2 deer this year:) Glad you got one. This reminds me of my dad- hunting with all his girls (except my mom wouldn't come).

Chavonne said...

Way to go Cassie! I was so excited when Shae told me you were hunting for a deer. Nice job!

suzy said...

Wow Cass. I never would have pegged you for a deer hunting/gutting kind of girl. Haha... I think that is awesome that you are willing to try anything so that you and the hubby can have things in common. I'm not very good at that. No matter how I try I just can't get into sports. Joey doesn't hunt, or fish or go camping. Maybe he should become an avid reader. What does Ryan do to compromise?