This year I took on being the PTA president. Not sure what I was thinking but I have come to see a whole new side of the school. A lot of people see PTA and want to stay far away from it and not support but they have no idea what we do or that it's all for their children. I'm so glad I took this on. It has opened my eyes. It's seriously a full time job but no pay. I love that I can give service back to my children's school. I'm busy but I love being in the school with the Kids. This year I took our Halloween carnival a whole different way. I decided to do a haunted house, carnival with tons of games, a 5 k and a fun run for the kids. Constructing the haunted house was time consuming. I spent every day and night for a week putting it together. I had some amazing help! I had to find people that knew what they were doing to help me because I'm a little clueless on how to construct a haunted house. It turned out awesome! Ryan who hates Halloween even stepped it up and was a clown for me. He has been a huge strength through all of this. I seriously just ran non stop. Ryan got into his part and really enjoyed it. We ran the haunted house two weekends along with a Coke trailer selling food. On Halloween we planned on not opening it but Ryan talked me into doing it and so we needed to find all new actors. I made some calls and my family came through for me. I was told by numerous people that that night was the best night. We did so good! We raised a lot of money and now I am able to buy picnic tables for the school for the kids to eat on outside. It felt so good to be done with it it was stressful but worth every minute of it.
Prescott Sealing Day
9 years ago










No comments:
Post a Comment