TWO IDENTICAL BOYS

On Monday we went to my usual doctors appt. with Dr. Anderson in Payson to do another ultra sound. He took measurements and found that they were growing well and that they were both the same size. He spent a lot of the time looking for the membrane that was suppose to be between the babies. When identical twin babies form, the egg usually spits a few days after fertilization. This split usually occurs after the placenta forms but before the amniotic sac forms. In this way the babies share the placenta but do not share an amniotic sac. There is usually a membrane that should separate the two. If this split occurs later (after the amniotic sac forms then the babies share the same placenta and the same amniotic sac. This is extremely rare and is cause for major concern because the babies will usually get their cords tangled up and cause them to lose required nutrients and oxygen. This type of twins are called monochorionic monoamniotic or MoMo twins. Dr. Anderson on Monday was having a hard time finding this membrane on the ultra sound so he sent us to Timpanogos Hospital on Wednesday to see a specialist. Unfortunately the specialist had good and bad news for us. She explained that they were indeed identical twins, that they were boys, that they were the same size and looked healthy, however she was not able to find the membrane that was suppose to be there. She went on to explain the consequences of this diagnosis. These types of twins have about a 50 to 60 percent chance of survival. The goal is to get them to 24 to 26 weeks so that they can take them. This is the earliest date they can be taken and have a chance at survival. Before then nothing can be done. The doctors hope they make it to 32 weeks, after that they will not risk leaving them longer and will take them no matter what. If we get to 24 weeks they will require me to be at the hospital everyday for monitoring, they will monitor them and based on their condition they will either let them stay longer or take them by emergency c-section. It has been and exciting and emotional week for all of us and we can only pray and have faith at this point. We are at 15 weeks right now at least 9 more to go. Any prayers would be appreciated. Thanks.



18 comments:
Cassi I am so so sorry, I know that you probably have so much support right now that you may not need much more, but please know that I am here even if you need to vent at 2 in the morning. I also have a very flexable job and life so if you need anything please let me know! 435-749-1383 Call anytime if you want or need to. Good luck and I will keep you in my prayers!
BreAnna
I'm sure you are nervous and on pins and needles right now and I'm sure it's going to be a long 9 weeks for you. We will pray for you along with our little missing Talisha.
I'm very happy you are having boys, but very nervous for you as well. You and the babies will be in our prayers, trust in the Lord and things will work out.
Wow that is a lot to take in at a doctors visit! Our prayers will be with you guys! That is so exciting that they are BOYS!! Good Luck and take it EASY!! Keep us posted!
Cass! You know that I am here for you always! Don't ever hesitate to call me if you need anything! I love you so much! And whenever you need a girls night you let me know! I will continue to keep you and the boys in my prayers! Love you!
cass- i'm excited for you but so sorry too. we're praying for you and your little boys!!!
Well since I have already talked to you I don't really have much more to say. It looks like you found the website I was talking about. I hope it was helpful. You know we are here to help. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.
Oh, Cassie. I don't even know what to say! Twins boys! It looks like you guys have a lot of stress and anxiety ahead of you, just keep a positive attitude, and know that everything happens for a reason. We will be praying for you and your precious babies. We love you!
Oh, twin boys... how fun! Your family will be in our prayers for sure.
Congrats on getting two little boys!! Good luck on all the other things. Things will work out how they should. You are in our prayers!!
Oh Cass! I'm so excited for you to chase after identical boys. We'll be praying for you. Let me know if I can help. I'll come whenever you need me. I don't care how long a drive it is! You just let me know.
Boys are so much fun! Our prayers are with you. Let us know if we can do anything for you.
Cassie and Ryan what an amazing challenge you have been chosen for. Just know that Heavenly father has a plan for you and these little boys and things will work out the way they are supposed to. Know that we are thinking and praying for you and love you all. Keep positive thoughts and let us know if we can do anything for you
Hey, I almost called you to see if you could watch my kids while I went to court in Nephi. But I found a babysitter at the last minute. Anyway, I would totally ask you for a favor, so I hope you think of me when you need anything. I am close and I'm always driving that direction. (Or close to it and you aren't far off the beaten path for me.) I love you.
You will have your hands full with 2 little boys running around, I know I do and they are not twins! They are so fun though. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Keep smiling and trusting in the Lord.
Cassie I was just checking to see how things were going. Hope things are going as good as they can.
BreAnna
You guys will for sure be in our prayers. What a trial to be going through! I hope everything goes okay! Keep us informed!
Hi Guys, I am up visiting our families this weekend. I just thought about it tonight, but I will be driving through Ft. Green about 2:30-3:00 p.m. tomorrow (Saturday)I thought it might be fun to stop and say hi for a minute. I will check my blog before I leave in the morning (about 10:30 a.m.) If I hear back from you, I will make a stop. If not that is okay too. I hope everything is going well for you guys!
Post a Comment