Friday, August 22, 2008

1st day of school



Shaelynn started kindergarten! Her first day of school was on Wednesday, with the move and all I didn't know how things would go. Her first few days here she was a little emotional. She was scared she wouldn't make friends and that she wouldn't know anyone. But Wednesday came and I took her to school, the parents were allowed to stay the first 15 min of class. This really helped, she made a little friend right off her name is Taylor. She is now loving it and looks forward to going every day. The getting up early is a little hard but she is loving it. I thought it would be a little harder for me letting my girl go to school but it wasn't to bad. Maybe cause its kind of like preschool where she is only gone for a few hours.

Update on the house, we are in boxes still not unpacked and I still don't know where things are but its coming along. I am loving my house, we already got a calling in the primary. I'm busy trying to unpack my own house and get a preschool ready I start Sept 2. I havent got my computer set up so I have to try to find a computer to post on but we will get it up soon so I can be back in business.

3 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

Don't you love that just moved in feeling where you have empty space and don't want to unpack anything until you need it because then all your empty space will be gone? Or is that just me? I love empty drawers and empty shelves just waiting for cute thing that need somewhere to go. Congrats on your new house. I hope we get over there to see it sometime.

Adri and Cory said...

I can't believe she is in first grade. That is so weird. I still remember her sitting on your lap with that wrap or cast on her arm from that burn. She is so cute! I think I am going to have a hard time when I have to let my little girl go!

The Robinson's said...

It is really hard to move for little ones, I was 6 when my mom and dad got married and the first day of school was really scary for me too. I am glad that she made a friends so fast. Good luck unpacking and with the preschool.