I did it! Its hard to believe but I killed a bear! The hunt started on Aug 25th. Me, Ryan and my dad woke up at 4:00 a.m to head up to the mtn.to meet my brother. I don't think I have ever been up and out of the house that early. We sat on the mtn for 13 hrs, without talking or hardly moving. I read a entire book and wished I had another one. It started raining later in the afternoon and then the wind picked up and it got cold. I finally decided that this was the stupidest thing I have ever done. Finally at 8:00 p.m. we decided that it was time to go home empty handed. Well Monday came and back we went. My girls got out of school early and as soon as they were home and handed over to Ryan's mom we headed out. We meet my dad, brother and nephew up there once again. I think they wanted to be there to see if I was really going to go through with this. We got there and I got settled in and started reading another book. I was all comfy and ready for long evening ahead. Well within 1 hour, I looked over and Ryan was trying to get my attention. I totally thought he was joking when he told me there was a bear. I smiled and asked him what once again he finally pointed in front of me and as I looked up, there it stood about 40 yards away. I didn't have time to be nervous I just quietly pulled my gun up put the scope on the bear and as soon as he turned I shot. After I shot I was shaking so bad. I couldn't believe I had just seen a bear and then shot it. I have never seen a bear besides at the zoo. It ran about 100 yards and then stopped. I was so excited! It was such a awesome experience. I'm so glad everyone was there to watch me kill my first bear. I think Ryan was pretty proud of me. I love to rub it in that his wife has killed a bear and he never has. He has had 2 tags in the last 10 years and he has never been able to get one. I'm going to have Ryan mount it and put it in my house.
Prescott Sealing Day
9 years ago



5 comments:
Coolest hunter ever. I'm sure Ryan is super excited to get to taxiderming (is that a word?) that bear right up. Good job! Looks like a big bear! Though they all look big and scary to me.
I'm just going to say it. You are a bad ass.
I couldn't believe this when I saw it on fb. Who are you? This is so awesome. I love picturing you sitting around in the cold on a BEAR HUNT! Holy cow! I laughed out loud when you said you read a whole book and wished you had another. Love you!
Well, I would have become a bear hunter a long time ago if I had known you got to sit and read a book!! You are so brave :)
You seriously rock!!! That is awesome!!
Post a Comment