Sunday, July 13, 2008

Update

We have been pretty busy this last week. This is the update of what we have been doing. Its a really long post sorry!

Wednesday

My cabinets are in! I drove down to check them out Wednesday afternoon, I really like them but Ryan hates them. The cabinets are knotty alder with the distressed look. Ryan has let me pick everything out in the house so I went and picked them out and when they were put in I got a call wondering what I had done. Now if you don't know Ryan he works a lot with wood. He has built most my furniture in my house, my bed, my nightstand, Shae dresser, my entertainment center, my coffee tables and much more. He makes really pretty stuff but he just couldn't understand why you would take such a pretty piece of wood and take a chain to it and beat it up. I don't think it looks like they did but here are some pictures so you can see for yourself. After checking my cabinets I went over to Ryan's softball game, he has been playing for over a month now and I haven't made it to a game. They played back to back games and won both. Good job Ryan!









Friday

On Friday we went camping. My brother and his family went camping up by Cleveland Lake so we took the girls up and camped out in a tent Friday night. My girls loved it we got to go fishing and roast hot dogs and marshmallows. Shaelynn was the only one who caught a fish that night and Paeton wanted to catch one so Ryan pretended that it was a new one and let her reel in, which made her happy. My parents even came up for the evening it was a lot of fun.



















8 comments:

The Robinson's said...

I love the wood I have the same in my kitchen good choice.
Bre

Rory, Trina, Katy, and Trey said...

It sounds like you guys has a good time. I can't wait until the kids are older so we can start doing things like that.

Shauntel said...

Love the cabinets! Ryan will get used to them! Hopefully! You guys are getting close. When you get all moved in, I am going to come visit.

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

The cabinets look great, tell Ryan to suck it up.

Kimbrey said...

I think the cabinets look very nice. I am a fan of knotty alder. I can't believe Ryan doesn't like them.

suzy said...

I had those same cabinets in Cedar City and I had a few people ask what they were so they could get the same. You should post more pics of your family, I love them and I love seeing pictures of them. Remember when my sister had a crush on your brother??

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

I know I already posted a comment, but I was just looking at the picture of your cabinets again and I think we have the same (or similar) ones, also I think our tile is the same too! When it's done I'll have to come see it, i'm excited for you!

Me said...

I love your cabinets, they look a lot like mine. I love the tile too, you guys have done an amazing job. I can't believe we are building the same house, what a small world!