Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Update and a picture

Okay so I guess I failed to tell everyone how Ryan managed to hurt his hand. Here is the story, he was at his boss house and they were trying to get a older snowmobile to work. They had the hood off, and the clutch cover off. The sled hadn't ran in years so they were priming the carburetor with ether. When the sled fired up the throttle cable was stuck wide open. The kill switch and key would not shut it down, so Ryan reached over the motor to pull the spark plug wires. Right as he did this the primary and secondary clutch came apart throwing metal all over the shop. A big chunk of the clutch hit his hand and shattered the bones in his wrist and about cut his thumb off. It cut the main artery in his thumb and he was spraying blood everywhere. There is pieces of the clutch stuck in the ceiling and it put holes in the walls. He is so lucky he is alive.

He got into the doctor today, we found they can't do surgery on his hand. The doctor described doing surgery on it would be like trying to bolt together rice crispies. He will go back in ten days and get the stitches out and get a cast on. They hope the soft tissue will hold the pieces close enough together that the bone will grow.

CAUTION graphic material

13 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

Wow! that looks like it hurts!!

Rory, Trina, Katy, and Trey said...

I'm glad he doesn't need surgery. Too bad I wasn't at work!

suzy said...

Oh Cassie!! Shaelynn looks so sad behind that mangled hand!! So he doesn't NEED surgery or they CAN'T do surgery? Hurray if he doesn't need it, but what is the plan if he does and they just can't?? Poor Ryan. I can't believe there were pieces stuck in the walls and ceiling. He is lucky it got his hand I guess and seriously lucky to be alive, but it still sucks.

So...I sent your cards and your pictures today. Let me know when you get them cause I forgot to get delivery confirmation.

The Robinson's said...

Wow I bet that was scary for you. I am glad he is ok, and that was the worst that happened. Hey I will be in FG on the 14th.

Me said...

Oh my word, that is so scary!!! I am so sorry to hear about everything. You will definitely be in my prayers and I hope things will get better soon.

Shauntel said...

I'm so glad he didn't cut his thumb off! I can't imagine be you. I couldn't do that right now, let alone all hormonal and pregnant! You probably needed pills as much as he did! I know I would have! I hope everything is ok for him!

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

ouch! Glad he's ok.

Olson Family said...

I swear everytime I look at it, it gets worse. It didn't look as bad watching them stitch it up. I'm just glad he is still alive!

Brittany said...

Well I am glad it was only his hand after that story. Tell him to take it easy for awhile.

things we love... said...

Holy canoly!! That looks very painful!! Send our condolences!!!!

Adri and Cory said...

Oh my gosh...that looks horrible!!! I can't believe it. Hopefully everything goes well. Keep us posted!

Janille said...

I went to school with Ryan and just wanted to say Hi! I ran across your blog. Your girls are BEAUTIFUL!

SORRY ABOUT YOUR HAND RYAN! I hope everything turns out okay!

Janille A.

I just made my blog private, but email me if you would like an invite mjolsonfam@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Cassie,

I have LOVED looking through your blog! Your house is so pretty! Are you guys in Ft. Green? I miss that place! My grandparents lived just up the road from Ryan. In 2002 their house burnt down, (they did rebuild) but within a few years both of them passed away. So I feel like I lost my connections there.

I think our girls are so much alike. My Madilyn just turned 5 and LOVES High School Musical, and Maleea will be 3 in January. She is our ball of energy!

Congrats on the new baby! and going back to school! That is GREAT!

Its been fun to get to know Ryan's better half! You guys are cute! Where are you from?

Janille