We took a trip to the hospital Monday night. My wonderful husband was at his boss houses working on trying to get a snowmobile running. I was home doing homework, Shae was at her friends and Paeton was at grandmas house. I got one of those calls you always dread. Ryan's boss called and told me Ryan cut his hand and he was headed to the hospital to get him some stitches. I totally didn't believe him. When he finnally convinced me to come to the hospital, I was a bit worried. I havent been doing very well lately with handling things like this and Mandy knew by the loss of color in my face when I told them I needed to head to the hospital. Mandy drove me there(Thanks a bunch Mandy). Well when I got there I found out the extent of Ryan's injury. He just didn't need some stitches, he actually broke his wrist and needs surgery along with sewing up his hand. He had lost a lot of blood and looked pretty bad when I arrived, they had him on a IV and pain med. We sat there for many hours and I struggled watching him in pain and still bleeding pretty bad. A few times I had to get up and leave the room especially when they stitched him up. After a long night at the hospital he was able to leave. He got two blessing that night, his boss gave him one before he took him to the hospital and his dad and brother gave him aonther when we got home. I am so grateful for the priesthood. Thanks Matt for thinking to give him a blessing, and Thanks Kim for giving him another one when we got home. He is still struggling he is in a lot of pain. We are trying to get him into a hand surgeon, do you know how hard that is? I finally got one in Salt Lake and his appointment is tomorrow, so hopefully we can get him fixed up soon and out of pain. He is pretty bumbed, Ryan loves to play basketball and is playing with the rec center on a team with his brothers. That is now not happening, he also has been working so hard on getting my things made for me and not everything is one hold. He is one that wont stop and needs to be doing something so this lay up is going to be pretty hard on him. I will update more when we know more of what's going on.
6 comments:
Oh Cassie, that is so horrible. I have been out of blogging world for a few days and was just catching up on all your posts. That mantle is so beautiful and so romantic that your hub made it for you all by himself!! I hope his hand heals quickly, that is just terrible! What a good guy, you lucked out with that one. Think of all the idiots we dated, we seriously got lucky!
What did he do to cause that amount of trauma? Wow, I hope he gets feeling better (and you too)..well maybe him and Chad can be buddies this month, he is also getting wrist surgery this month, so I know the fun of finding hand surgeons and we were not as pressed for time as you. Take care and hope all goes well.
holy cow!! that's terrible. good luck with everything and hopefully the pain will subside soon.
That hand and wrist should be used to that by now. He has broken his wrist and cut his hand before. Last time a little superglue did the trick and he was out playing ball 10 minutes later. It he getting old and fragile?
I love the sympathetic Nurse Practitioner uncle you guys have in Dalen! So, I'm wondering . . what exactly did he do to hurt his hand that badly?
You are so very welcome! I'm always here for you guys!
Post a Comment