Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Moment I have been Dreading Is Here!

For almost a year now I have been dreading this moment, and Ryan has been dreaming of this moment. For Father's day Ryan got everything he needed to get his elk done. Ryan does his own taxidermy so in ways its way nice because I don't have to find the money to get his dead animals done. In other ways its bad because I don't have an excuse that we don't have the money to get it done and it actually gets done. Here is the Once in a Lifetime Elk Ryan shot last fall, and now its hanging on my wall. It is sure going to take a lot of getting use to.



10 comments:

Jeni said...

Oh wow...that's quite the animal! However, I think I may consider letting Jeff hang a dead animal in my house if he made me a kitchen table like that! :)

Monsen3 said...

When we bought this house, my dad left his deer and Tyler left his antelope hanging on the wall. I am used to them now. But the Elk looks good, Ryan did a good job. But that is alot larger than either one I have on my wall. It will take some getting used too.

Moab Cozzens said...

Oh, you are a good woman. I hope he appreciates you! He did a good job. It looks very . . creative.

Olson Family said...

I think it looks really good. I think it is acutally the perfect spot! Good job Ry!

Julia Armstrong said...

Maybe if you give it a name, include it in things like family prayer and conversations at the dinner table you'll get used to. He'll feel like part of the family...maybe?

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

It actually looks pretty good, for being on your wall! Good thing Ryan is so good at taxidermy! Hopefully your house doesn't get too full of dead animals though!

jfarnsworth said...

It's times like these I am so grateful Jeremy is not a hunter!

things we love... said...

Oh you are the BEST wife!!! That thing is HUGE!!!!!! Congrats to Ryan!!!

Brittany said...

Chad is pretty jealous. Looks great, that is neat he can do it all himself.

Janille said...

WOW! That really looks right at you! Like I said before...I am happy with my city boy! Good luck with your country boy!